The Borough of
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704 | 570-288-4576 | 570-288-9493
2018 Clutter Cleanup Campaign Guidelines
The guidelines for the 2018 Clutter Cleanup Campaign are as follows:
- Clutter piles can include most household items such as furniture, mattresses, rugs, dishes, wood products, lamps, framed mirrors, vacuums, grills (without propane tanks) etc.
- Items that were eligible for the appliance pick – up on May 24th and 25th will not be collected during the clutter pick-up. These include washers, dryers, stoves, dishwashers, refrigerators, cast iron sinks or tubs, water heaters, microwaves, air conditioners, trash compactors, car batteries, etc. No tires!
- Items that are normally placed into our single stream recycling containers and bagged household garbage will not be collected during the clutter pick-up. These items will continue to be collected as indicated on the garbage and recycling calendar.
- Residents will be asked not to place clutter curbside until the week end prior to their zones designated pick-up time.
- Residents must purchase their $ 40 permits no later than the Friday before their zone’s pickup week. There will be no permits issued the actual week of your pick-up
- Clutter must be curbside and ready for collection by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your zones designated pick-up week. Trucks will not visit the same street more than once. The clutter pick – up will follow a tight schedule. Crews will not be able to return to homes that missed the deadline for their zones.
- Each household with a permit is restricted to 1,000 pounds of clutter. The maximum size for a clutter pile is 6 feet long, by 4 feet wide, by 4 fe et high.
- Permits are limited to one per household. Separate permits must be purchased for each unit of a multi-family dwelling.
- All clutter must be kept off of the road. Clutter piles cannot block sidewalks or driveways.
- Residents are requested to put small items into boxes, not bags. Loose wood must be bundled with string.
- Under no circumstances will clutter be removed from inside homes or from backyards. Only curbside clutter will be collected.
- Residents are requested to move their vehicles fro m the street during collection weeks between the hours of 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Workers will be using heavy equipment and large dump trucks.
- ELECTRONIC ITEMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. Electronic items that are left on the tree lawn will be treated as litter. CITATIONS WILL BE ISSUED TO VIOLATORS. FOR RESIDENTIAL UNITS ONLY. NO COMMERCIAL BUSINESSES ALLOWED.
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704