The Borough of
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704 | 570-288-4576 | 570-288-9493
Kingston Community Pool
2020 Special Opening Guidelines
The 2020 Special Opening Guidelines are implemented for the purpose of keeping our staff and guests safe during the Coronavirus Pandemic.
The new guidelines are as follows and will be strictly enforced:
- The Kingston Community Pool is open to current members and residents of the Municipality of Kingston only.
- Any person or family who was a member of the pool during the 2019 season is eligible for a 2020 membership regardless of residency.
- Proof of Kingston residency is required for the purchase of daily passes at the pool.
- Block passes will be sold at the pool and Kingston Recreation Center on a daily basis. Proof of Kingston residency is required at the time of purchase.
- The number of those admitted each day will be limited. When capacity is reached, new guests will not be allowed in until others exit.
- Enhanced sanitation protocols and operating procedures will be in place for conformity with CDC guidelines and public safety.
- The Kingston Community Pool will staff extra sanitation and custodial personnel for the safety of our guests.
- Guests will enter through the main entrance only where each person entering will be required to wear a mask and submit to a temperature check.
- Masks are recommended but not required on the main deck and exterior perimeter areas of the pool.
- Guests are required to bring their own deck chairs. Due to overly burdensome sanitizing measures and costs, the Kingston Community Pool will not provide deck chairs.
- Sunbathing and the placement of personal deck chairs will be permitted in the marked areas only on the pool deck and grass.
- Guest are permitted to sit or place chairs on the concrete blocks marked with a Green Circle only.
- Sitting, standing, congregating, etc. will not be permitted on any concrete block marked with a Red X.
- Guests are permitted to sit in the circled areas of the grass that are six-feet in diameter and spaced six-feet apart. Sitting, standing, congregating, etc. will not be permitted between the circles.
- Each area of the pool will be will be separated with lane markers for the establishment of occupancy limits. The maximum occupancy for each area will be noted along the gutter line marked with orange numbers.
- Yellow circles are installed on the concrete deck spaced six-feet apart for all diving and slide features. Guest must adhere to the markings for social distancing purposes.
- There is a large grassy area behind the big slide along the Keiper Park line that is designated for play. Please maintain social distancing and avoid physical contact when using this area.
- The non-marked concrete deck area nearest the pool is an accessway only. Sitting, standing, congregating, etc. will not be permitted on the concrete deck area nearest the pool.
- The concession stand will open with limited, pre-packaged items only. There will be no hot prepared food. Additional vending machines will be added for water, sports and soft drinks.
- The restrooms will be closed every two-hours for a period of fifteen minutes for sanitizing measures.
- The picnic tables will contain markers with green and red sides. All tables that are clean will display a marker with the green-side up. Guests are asked to display the marker with the red-side up after each use for sanitizing. Our staff will sanitize the tables in a timely manner. Guests are not permitted to use tables displaying a marker with the red-side up.
- Lunch box-sized cooler are permitted.
- Consideration is being given to other services such as theme nights, parties, and special rentals. Such activities will be permitted only when it is determined that it is safe to do so for our staff and guests. We thank you for understanding!
- Please be mindful of the markings for social distancing at all times and be patient with our staff and new protocols. All measures and precautions are for the safety of our staff and guests. Enjoy the pool!
The 2020 Special Opening Guidelines are subject to modification at the discretion of the Municipality of Kingston.
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704