The Borough of
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704 | 570-288-4576 | 570-288-9493
Spring 2018 Cleanup
KINGSTON NEWS SPRING 2018
CLUTTER CLEANUP PROGRAM 2018
- Zone #1 — June 11th through June 15th, East Union St, Lathrop St between Rutter Ave and Ford Ave, East Vaughn St, East Walnut St, East Bennett St, Church St between Wyoming Ave and Rutter Ave, Park Place, Anthracite Ave, Rutter Ave from Church St to Forty-Fort line, Stewart St, and Wyoming Ave.
- Zone #2 — June 18th through June 22nd, Pierce St, Reynolds St, James St, Butler St, East Dorrance St, Lathrop Court, Lathrop St between Tioga Ave and Westmoreland Ave, Hedge Place, Gershom Place, Ford Ave, Charles Ave, Rutter Ave between Pierce St and Church St, Westmoreland Ave, Gibson Ave, Warren Ave between Pierce St and Lathrop St, Meadowland Ave, Tioga Ave between Pierce St and Lathrop St, Hamilton Ave, Church St between Rutter Ave and Third Ave, Keith Drive, Joseph Drive, Stanley Drive, Nandy Drive, Milton Drive, Sahara Drive, Milford Drive, and Sylbert Drive.
- Zone #3 — June 25th through June 29th, East Hoyt St between Wyoming Ave and North Gates Ave, Chester St between Wyoming Ave and North Welles Ave, Ridge Ave, Rutter Ave between Market St and Pierce St, Wright Ave, Osceola Ave, Winola Ave, Warren Ave between Pierce St and Chester St, Tioga Ave between Pierce St and Chester St, Humpleby St, Taylor Lane, North Landon Ave, North Atherton Ave, North Loveland Ave, North Goodwin Ave, North Welles Ave, North Thomas Ave, and North Gates Ave.
- Zone #4 — July 9th through July 13th, Market St (excluding W. Market), Bowman Ave, Carle St, Dean Court, South Landon Ave, South Atherton Ave, South Loveland Ave, South Goodwin Ave, South Welles Ave, South Thomas Ave, South Gates Ave, Northampton St between Wyoming Ave and South Gates Ave, Davis St, East Hoyt St between First Ave and Third Ave, North Dawes Ave, South Dawes Ave, First Ave, Second Ave, and Third Ave.
- Zone #5 — July 16th through July 20th, West Union St between Wyoming Ave and Railroad Ave, John St, West Vaughn St, West Walnut St, West Bennett St, Eley St, Mercer Ave between Eley St and West Union St, Schuyler Ave between West Vaughn St and West Union St, Duplan Manor, Floralon Drive, Carolon Drive, and Woodland Drive.
- Zone #6 — July 16rd through July 20th, Railroad Ave between Union St and Price St, Mercer Ave between Union St and Division St, Elm Ave between Division St and Price St, Schuyler Ave between Union St and Price St, Price St, Division St between Wyoming Ave and Railroad Ave, Poplar St, Sharpe St, Academy Lane, West Dorrance St, Gordon Lane, and Lackawanna Lane.
- Zone #7 — July 23rd through July 27th, Main St, Luff Court, North Sprague Ave, South Sprague Ave, North Maple Ave, South Maple Ave, Page Ave, Curtis Lane, Mott St, Spruce St, Covert St, Chestnut Ave, West Market St, Elm Ave between Pringle St and Price St, West Hoyt St, Pringle St between Wyoming Ave and Elm Ave, Newitt Place, Ross St, and Schuyler Ave between Market St and Price St.
- Zone #8 — July 23rd through July 27th, Pringle St between Brook Ave and Grove St, Krych St, Penn St, Pulaski St, Cherry St, Eno St, Brewster Lane, Frederick St, Richard St, Edward St, Brook Ave, Zerbey Ave, Gillis St, Belles St, Masons Court, Korn St, Thomas Lane, Meyers Lane, New Hurbane St, Center Ave, Payne Ave, Cuba St, Curtis St, Meyers Court, Grove St, Main St between Payne Ave and Center Ave, and Division St between Brook Ave and Grove St.
Please note that Zones 5 & 6 and 7 & 8 will be collected concurrently.
Free Appliance Pickup 2018
- YOU MUST PICK UP YOUR DOG WASTE! Citizens are also required to carry an instrument for removing dog waste at all times when walking their dogs.
- Please call our Code Enforcement Office at 288-4576 ext. 115 to report violators. Citations will be issued to violators.
- Dogs must be leashed. Dogs are not permitted on any playing fields or tennis courts.
- Street sweeping regulations are strictly enforced. Remember, the fine is progressive; $5 for the first offense, $10 for the second offense, and $50 for the third offense. Thank you for keeping our neighborhoods clean!
- Grass or weeds cannot exceed 6 inches. DO NOT BLOW GRASS OR LEAVES ONTO THE STREET OR INTO STORM DRAINS. Please call our Code Enforcement Office at (570) 288-4576 ext. 115 to report violators. Citations will be issued to violators.
- During the warm weather months, residents are asked to refrain from placing garbage on the tree lawns any sooner than the eve of your scheduled pickup.
- A license is required for landlords to rent property in Kingston. The license application and guidelines are available at www.kingstonpa.org. Citations will be issued to violators.
- All homes must be inspected prior to the conveyance of the real estate. No occupancy permit will be issued to any new home owner unless there is a pre-conveyance inspection. If you are selling a home, please call (570) 288-4576 ext. 115 for details. If you recently purchased a home and do not have a certificate of occupancy, please call (570) 288-4576 ext. 117 for details.
- No structure, regardless of any zoned area in Kingston, may be modified into additional units. A single-family home cannot be converted into a multi-unit housing. A two-unit double block cannot me modified into units greater than two. A pre-existing multi-unit structure cannot be modified into more units. Please call (570) 288-4576 ext. 115 for details.
- Kingston Pool: The coolest spot in town opens for the season on June 9th. As a way of thanking our loyal members and residents, we are pleased to announce that the Kingston Community Pool will open for the first time ever on Sunday , May 27 and Monday, May 28 between the hours of 1pm and 7pm (weather permitting)! The special early opening is for Kington members and residents only! Pool membership credentials or photo identification for proof of residency is required for entry. The pool features waterslides, modernized diving boards, and a super-sized children’s wading pool with colorful spray attractions. Residential family rates remain unchanged at $209 for the entire season. Due to overwhelming demand, individual residential rates have been reduced to $159 for the entire season! As a special promotion for 2018, we are offering a 5% discount on all seasonal memberships if purchased by May 25 (no exceptions after May 25). Beat the long lines and save money by purchasing your seasonal membership early! For additional information or membership enrollment, please call (570) 287-1106 or visit the Kingston Recreation Center. Membership applications are available at www.kingstonpa.org and the Kingston Recreation Center only.
- Market Street Lighting Project: The Municipality received a $450,000.00 grant for the installation of new black composite poles along Market Street that will be fitted with LED lighting fixtures. The project will beautify Market Street and save taxpayer dollars through improved energy efficiencies. We are also pleased to announce that PA DOT intends to pave Market Street during 2018.
- Keiper Park Improvement Project: The Municipality received a $500,389.00 grant for improvements at Keiper Park. The more notable improvements include all new energy efficient lighting systems at all playing fields in Keiper Park, a new 50+ space parking lot, new playground equipment, and new decorative energy efficient safety lighting. For the first time in Kingston’s history, there will be three (3) fully illuminated fields for Little League and youth softball. We hope to hold a special dedication ceremony during the last week in June. Please check our Kingston Recreation Center or Kingston Municipal Police Department Facebook pages for updates. We wish the kids a great summer!
- Church Street Park Improvement Project: The Municipality received a $450,000.00 grant for improvements at Church Street Park. The grant funds will be used to convert the old baseball field into multiplex soccer fields. Church Street Park will also receive new and expansive playground equipment and a reconditioned exercise track. The work will start during the fall of 2018.
- Community Development Block Grant Paving: The Municipality of Kingston intends to pave South Atherton Avenue, South Gates Avenue, and South Thomas Avenue with $235,000.00 of Community Development Block Grant Funds.
- 2018 Tentative Street Paving Project: The Municipality’s Department of Public Works is scheduled to pave the following streets during 2018: East Hoyt Street from North Gates to the intersection of North Loveland, Meadowland Avenue between James Street and Lathrop Street, Reynolds Street between Rutter Avenue and Wyoming Avenue, and Rutter Avenue between Market Street and Hoyt Street.
- 2018 Tentative Public Utility Upgrades and Paving: The PA American Water Company intends to install new infrastructure on the following streets during 2018: North Sprague Avenue between Pringle Street and Market Street, Sharpe Street between Wyoming Avenue and Railroad Avenue, South Sprague Avenue, West Hoyt Street between Wyoming Avenue and North Maple Avenue, and West Vaughn Street between Wyoming Avenue and Railroad Avenue.
- Kamp Kingston and Klub Kingston: Kamp Kingston and Klub Kingston are filling up quickly. Kamp Kingston and Klub Kingston are packed with supervised summer activities including daily visits to the Kingston Community Pool. Both programs are designed for children ages 5-13. The rates are great! Kamp and Klub Kingston run from June 18th through August 10th. Limited space is available. Please call the Kingston Recreation Center at (570) 287-1106 for details.
- Parks and Playgrounds: Select parks will be staffed for an eight-week period beginning June 18th. The staffed parks are Church Street Park at Third Avenue, Keiper Park, Levy Park, and West Vaughn Street Park. Make it a point to visit our parks and enjoy all of the outdoor summer activities.
- Kingston Recreation Center: The Kingston Recreation Center is the best kept secret in town. Resident families can enroll for just $20 per month. Individual residents can enroll for just $16 dollars per month. Stop in for a tour of the facility or schedule an appointment by calling (570) 287-1106. The Kingston Recreation Center is not a commercial gym. The Kingston Recreation Center is all about family and community. We encourage you to visit the Kingston Recreation Center!
- Yard Waste Drop-Off: The hours for residential yard waste drop-off are 7:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. The daily drop-off program will continue through Labor Day. Residents must show their driver’s license for proof of residency. If the gate is locked, please see the attendant in the garage. Under no circumstances will any landscapers or private contractors be permitted to drop-off yard waste.
- Special Summer Yard Waste Drop-Off: Fort the first time in many years, the Municipality will conduct a yard waste drop-off program, at the DPW Warehouse, on the last Saturday of June, July, and August between the hours of 8am and 12 noon. The specific dates of the drop-off are June 30, July 28, and August 25. Residents must show their driver’s license for proof of residency. Under no circumstances will any landscapers or private contractors be permitted to drop-off yard waste.
- Holiday Collections: Please refer to the boxes shaded in blue on the 2018 Recycling Calendar for changes in holiday garbage and recycling collections. For example, the Memorial Day pickup for residents living in Zones #1 and 2A will take place on Friday, May 25.
- Landscaping Materials: Mulch and compost are available at our DPW Facility for a minimal fee. Please call (570) 287-1998 for more details.
- For the Latest Information: Please make sure that you are enrolled in the Municipality’s Code Red mass communication system. The Municipality utilizes the Code Red Program to get real-time emergency and community information out to its residents and businesses. Enrollment information is available at www.kingstonpa.org. If you do not have access to a computer or experience difficulty enrolling online, our Police Department will gladly assist anyone attempting to enroll. Please call our non-emergency number at (570) 288-3674 for enrollment assistance.
If you are not already a member, don’t forget to follow the Kingston Municipal Police Department Facebook Page. Along with Code Red, the Municipality utilizes this Facebook page for providing real-time and important community announcements.
- Summer Job Opportunities: Applications for summer employment with the Department of Public Works, Kingston Community Pool, and Department of Parks and Recreation are being accepted until Friday, May 25. Applications for the Department of Public Works are available at the Municipal Building and online at www.kingstonpa.org. Applications for the Kingston Community Pool and Department of Parks and Recreation are available at the Kingston Recreation Center and online at www.kingstonpa.org. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age for the Department of Public Works and 16 years of age for the Kingston Community Pool and Department of Parks and Recreation.
Have a great summer and thank you for helping us make Kingston a Great Place to Call Home!
500 Wyoming Avenue , Kingston, PA 18704